I found this recipe the other day and just had to try it….Peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies! What could be better?
I found it on Pinterest and the lady’s blog is called Brown Eyed Baker. She has an overwhelming amount of recipes from cakes and cookies, to appetizers and main courses. I have been enjoying browsing her blog lately and finding some fun and easy deserts to try. Below is the recipe that I found on her blog.
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 16 cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
A few notes from when I made them:
– I ended up doubling the recipe because I wanted to have leftovers (If I would not have doubled the recipe my family would have eaten them all on the first night!)
– When I doubled it, I didn’t use the full 2 cups of chocolate chips, I didn’t want the chocolate to take over the peanut butter flavor.
– I ended up using a baking technique that she uses on her blog a lot. It makes the cookies kind of crinkly on top. Click here to see how to do it.
– WARNING: These are so good that you will not be able to stop thinking about them sitting on the counter. :)
I hope you try these amazing cookies and check out all the great recipes on Brown Eyed Baker!